Friday, April 07, 2006

The latest batch of reference questions...
  • I need a copy of the book City of Quartz. All the (numerous) Cal copies are out or on reserve. How can I get one? (Asked twice in one shift--the second time was apparently just a coincidental request by someone who wanted to read the book for pleasure. Unfortunately, every single copy in the system is somehow spoken for.)
  • I'm looking for a book by Ronald Egon, about sushi. (Author is actually Ronald Egan, and subject is person named Su Shi.)
  • Does the library have a scanner with a backlight I can use?
  • Where is the Regional Oral History Office, and how do I get in touch with them?
  • Where can I find a copy of the book Pathology of Occupational Lung Disease? Can I borrow it if I'm not a Berkeley student?
  • I need a copy of Edward Said's Orientalism.
  • I'm looking for an article about film noir by an author whose name I think is Jonathan Buschbaum. He was mentioned in my film class. (Author's surname is spelled Buchsbaum.)
  • I'm looking for articles about EPO, or erythropoietin, a performance-enhancement drug used by cyclists and cross-country skiers. I could also use just a general, basic rundown on what the drug is and what it does.
  • I need to see some articles written by Alexander Cockburn in The Nation, from the 1980s. The Nation Digital Archive isn't producing the full text, just the abstracts.
  • I'm in a class about Aeschylus and want to write about tragedy. I'm interested in Dionysian festivals and their relation to tragedy. My professor has mentioned some particular critics in class, but they write only in French. Can I find translations of their work in English? Also, I'm looking for information about the play Agamemnon. I need in-depth criticism of Aeschylus and tragedy from a Dionysian perspective.
  • Is this encyclopedia a primary source?

1 Comments:

Blogger anniez-k said...

I like the new look. It works a whole heck of a lot better in my browser too! Your questions are so much more interesting than the ones I get.
*sigh*

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home