Monday, November 07, 2005

Here's the latest batch of questions at the Knight reference desk, scrambled to help protect the identity of the queriers:
  • Where can I find books about slavery in ancient Greece?
  • Where can I borrow a laptop?
  • Where can I get an online copy of an article from the Journal of Theological Studies from 1965?
  • How do I find an article in sociology?
  • How do I get into Ulrich's?
  • Where can I find a copy of Living room war?
  • What's the difference between a primary and a secondary source?
  • Where can I find primary source documents about Watergate, particularly about the journalistic coverage of it (as opposed to, say, the constitutional implications.) I've already found newspaper coverage from 4 different papers; I need more kinds of materials.
  • Where can I find a copy of the book Shakespeare's imagery and what it tells us?
  • Where can I find a scholarly article about family or domestic violence?
  • Where can I find alternative newspapers from the 1960s?
  • Where can I find books and articles about Incan jewelry?
  • How can I find books about institutional research on community colleges? (Resolved into: strategic planning for community colleges.)
  • Where do I return a music CD?
  • Where can I find a copy of "Sud," by Ursula K. Le Guin? I don't know if it's a novel, story, or poem. (It's probably the short story "Sur," in Compass Rose.)
Interestingly, our library just issued an annual report profiling the reference services here in Knight Library. They used real, live reference questions submitted by us (the librarians) as examples of the kind of work we do here. Some of those questions were taken from this very blog! I guess that more or less settles the issue of how we feel about making patrons' requests public.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home