Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I recently heard from a colleague that she recognized some of the questions in the blog as coming from her MLIS students. To which I say: busted!

I'm pleased, though, that another colleague may be looking at the blog as a model for sharing reference information in another library on campus. Happy to be of service (if I am...)

And here's the latest batch:
  • I need a copy of the book Tropic of Orange. Where can I find one?
  • I have a list of numerous Indian literature references (to books and articles) that I found in a database...how do I find the actual articles in the library? And how do I do ILL to get books from other UC schools?
  • I'm looking for articles about the pop singer Selena's influence on Chicano and mainstream music. Where do I start?
  • I have some citations for books and articles about nineteenth-century women and reading, and don't know how to look them up.
  • I need access to some articles from Psychological Science. How do I get them? And how do I get an image of the cover of the journal?
  • I'm interested in the subject of how Hollywood, and Western values in general, are changing traditional belly dance and hula dance styles. My paper is due in two days. Where do I start?
  • I need a copy of Basho's Oku no hosomichi in English.
  • I need to find primary source materials for my paper about how children were targeted by advertising and propaganda during WWII.
  • I looked up several citations about Mrs. Dalloway, by Virginia Woolf. How do I get my hands on them?
  • I have a long list of citations having to do with the history of black people in Oklahoma, which I need to look up. I'm not a UCB student and I don't know how to tell whether a citation is for an article, book, dissertation, interview, or other material. Help!
  • Where is the Graduate Services library?
  • I need a citation for something called "Clothing Matters," by Emma Tarlo. I'm not sure whether it's a book or an article. (It's a book; author's surname is Tarlow.) [May have been posted before; operator error?]
  • I'm doing a paper on child labor in India. What databases should I use to find articles?
  • Where can I find letters from Thomas Cromwell, a lawyer involved with the building of the Panama Canal? If I can't find those, can I find any letters or diaries of Phillipe Bunau-Varilla, who was also involved in the project?
  • Where can I found out about religious demographics at Berkeley? I.e., I want to find out what population of the student body is of various religions.
  • How can I find newspaper articles from the 1960s about the Free Speech Movement? I need articles from the New York Times, the LA Times, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Daily Californian, and the Oakland Tribune.
  • I found a couple of articles on whale-hunting in Washington state from The Economist in the middle-late nineties, but I can't figure out how to get them without paying for them online. Does the library have access to this journal?
  • I need a copy of The Second Sex, by Simone de Beauvoir.
  • Where can I find a copy of The Lord of the Flies?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home