Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The latest crop of questions, from the Environmental Design Library and Moffitt Library:
  • Where can I find a copy of the Berkeley Landscape Heritage Plan?
  • I want to look for a special issue of Detail magazine; I think it was on construction, but I can't remember exactly, now. I'd remember if I saw it, though.
  • I'm looking for a citation for some research that my professor needs. A study was done that showed that women who ate food that wasn't culturally familiar absorbed fewer nutrients from it. No idea where or when this was published.
  • I'm looking for a past issue of California History; where do I find it?
  • I need a copy of Monkey, by Wu Cheng-en.
  • Where can I borrow a laptop?
  • Where can I find a copy of the psychological measure I need to hand in with my dissertation?
  • Where can I find primary sources that show how indigenous peoples were represented in the popular media during the time of Lewis & Clark's explorations? (ca. 1803-1808.)
  • Where can I find the phone numbers of offices on campus that schedule student leisure activities?
  • I'm looking for climate and environmental data on the watershed that Pinole is in. The USGS website I'm using isn't co-operating; it won't link me to Contra Costa county, or to any actual data.
  • I need scholarly articles about online photo galleries and photosharing.
  • I need a copy of the university's General Catalog, so I can find out what the heck these codes next to my students' names mean.
  • I need a book on U.S. housing policy that's at the bindery--can I get another copy through the library, or do I have to buy it?
  • I'm looking for information about Elbert Peetz, an early twentieth-century urban planner. Or, I'd like to find out more about early twentieth-century urban planning in general. I'm not sure I've got Peetz's name right. (It's Elbert Peets. Subject heading is City planning, with geographic and chronological subheadings.)
  • I'm looking for information on economic policy development in Latin American countries--i.e., an overview of how their economies have gone from agrarian to industrialized since the 1960s or so.
  • How can I find peer-reviewed articles about "the dark ages to modern times"?

As a reminder, these questions were asked at different points in the term--I keep track of them and post them in scrambled order so there's no way to identify who asked what.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home