Hello! Here's a chunk of the backlogged questions from the last term or two, at Berkeley's undergraduate and environmental design reference desks. I'm interpolating the sources I used to answer the questions in parentheses--not all questions have sources yet, because I've only started recording sources in the last few months, and some questions have been simmering for longer than that...
- I'm looking for books about the architecture of fast food restaurants.
- I'm looking for plays set in slums. (Play Index.)
- I'm looking for scholarly articles on Latin American slums, particularly in Panama. (PAIS)
- I'm looking for primary sources about Chinese immigrants to California during the gold rush period. (American Memory, Calisphere.)
- I'm looking for articles from Iris: A Journal About Women
- I need articles about Burma/Myanmar and Unocal.
- I'm looking for a readable guidebook to Yosemite Park. (Found G call number for California geography, parks, etc., and also lower G call number for California trails and hiking. Subject headings Hiking--California--Guidebooks, and Trails--California--Guidebooks. Also referred to Doe Reference and Morrisson Library for Lonely Planet and other guides, either to borrow or copy from.)
- I'm looking for visual examples of costume and dress from England in the 1920s--just the things that ordinary people wore, not fancy dress.
- I'm looking for a book called Hello, Hello Brazil.
I'm off to DC for ALA--ninety-five degree heat and humidity...ugh.