Friday, June 17, 2005

So far today:

  • How can I find particular works by Gadamer in English? The catalog lists them in German, and my German isn't particularly good, and it's hard to predict what the translation of the title will be. Sometimes there's more than one translation, too.
  • I'm a new student from Taiwan, and I'd like to find some books in Chinese. I'd also like to learn how to use the catalog to find books, period.
  • Where can I find the Journal of Phycology? How about Ecological Engineering? I'm English and can't use computers. (He was a very sweet guy.)
  • I'm lost. How do I get out?
  • How do I find out which textbooks are required for my class next week?

I'm having a hard time getting a recent, complete, usable list of the titles that MLA indexes. It's huge, and downloading even 500 titles at a time from the OCLC interface is killing me. I hate to resort to emailing a vendor rep, because that means waiting for an answer, but... If anyone knows where I can find a manipulable list of the titles, in, for instance, an Excel spreadsheet, or even just in HTML on a web page somewhere, please comment here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home