Wednesday, February 09, 2005

My better half is Louisianian, so last night we had a Mardi Gras party. There was king cake (with bean!), jambalaya, muffaletta, gin gimlets (I don't know why), beads, doubloons, and paper money for Chinese New Year. Also birthday candles for a friend's daughter, who just turned fourteen. We see no reason to compartmentalize our holidays.

There was also a fair amount of beer. The reference desk today is feeling a little foggy, for some reason.

So far:
  • How can I find these specific Biblical commentaries? (Anchor, etc.)
  • Where can I get a travel guide to New Orleans?
  • How can I tell if we have volume 34 of the journal Archaeometry? And so we have online access?
  • What's the call number for Orwell's 1984?
  • My citation is for volume 19 of Wisconsin Archeologist, which should be 1998, but when I look on the shelf that's from 1919. What's going on?
  • When a paper says it should be written in "APA style," what does that mean?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home