Monday, December 06, 2004

Short shift on the desk today, but a few interesting things came up:
  • What database indexes Choice reviews from the 1970s or 1980s? (This is interesting, because a search in Library Literature on articles from Choice only finds fifty-odd hits. What's going on here? We ended up using Book Review Index.)
  • How do I find old UO yearbooks?
  • Where can I get hold of a copy of the Adoption and Safe Families Act of 1997?
  • Where can I find information about Native Americans and the environment? (After further questioning: where can I find information about the conflict between Native Americans and the federal parks system over land tenure in Hell's Canyon, Oregon?)*
  • Where can I find information about sexuality and morality? (Asked by a creative writing student researching the relationship between these two concepts to inform his own writing.)

* This one's interesting to me because it's almost an exact reiteration of a question I made up to use as an example for a presentation on diversity-based research at the 2004 Oregon Library Association conference. Relevance! Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home