Friday, October 21, 2005

The newest crop of reference questions, scrambled and tossed so the dates of the queries aren't apparent:
  • How do I find a print copy of an article titled "Girl Trouble" from Media Week magazine?
  • I can't find this French journal in WorldCat. Where else can I look to see if it exists?
  • Where can I find this article from The Chronicle of Higher Education, about funding pressures on research, if it isn't in the microform copy or in any of the databases that index it?
  • Where can I find an English copy of Memory of Fire by Eduardo Galeano?
  • How late is the student union computing lab open?
  • Is the University of Southern California a Catholic institution?
  • Where can I find criticism of Henry James's work?
  • Where can I find books by Gindler? I know I've found them before in this library, but they don't show up this time. (Author's name was actually Eugene Gendlin.)
  • Where can I find the cubic formula? My professor told me it was in the library, and I should come get it for extra credit.
  • How do I cite an article from an encyclopedia in MLA style?
  • Where can I find an encyclopedia about Africa? What about one on more specific concepts, like early hominid evolution and tool use?
  • Can I get a copy of the book Customs in Common from a non-Summit library?
  • Where can I find the birth and PhD dates, respectively, of two academics?

I'll be out of town for the next week, so I won't be updating. But please check back again after November 1st!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home